This was quite interesting. Read on to see what I learned.
- First, by turning it on, seeing what it was like, and turning it off I got back to a clean loging screen (I also heard that clearing the browser cache fixes it too – thanks Rob!).
- As a reminder, what it looked like before I played with this interesting feature is seen below.
- Finding where to turn on this functionality was hard for me. Especially since I did not read the manual. You need to log into your PSC. Easy if you have an external one and if you don’t, it is your vc with a /psc so mine is https://lefroy.thewhites.ca/psc.
- Once logged in select Configuration and Login Banner.
- Filling in the form is easy. See below what the choices above did.
- In this example, the link for the message does not work.
- But, if you enable checkbox consent it looks better.
- It works like you would expect and you can click on the link.
- But now, if you turn off this functionality you get a clean screen again.
- And, if you turn on what you first did, a message with no need to accept it looks much better.
- The message can even display now too!
- 3/23/16 – Rob confirmed that the messy screen can be cleared by clearing the browser. Think better to enable / disable as clearing the cache can sometimes clear more than you want.
- 3/22/16 – I have heard that in the future this feature will work much better. This banner feature will actually be a banner one day rather then a popup.
So I think while not everyone needs to use this feature, it seems for now everyone should turn it on, then off to clean things up.
=== END ===