I have not worked in my home lab for a week or so, with this darn heat wave (right now it is 31 degrees C) I wanted to make sure some of my hosts were in standby mode - DPM. When I tried to log in via the vSphere Web Client I got this message.
503 Service Unavailable means the web server doesn’t answer. I found this KB article (2033822) and it mentions that it is a Win2K8 issue. Which I am using in fact. The solution is a hotfix from MS, but I can also say a double re-start solved it for me. I am not sure if I will upgrade this server to Win2K12 - which is the standard in my work lab - or if I will wait for the vC to vCSA lab fling to support vC 6 to vCSA 6.
I thought this was interesting so worth sharing. Hope it helps,
=== END ===