I am quite excited by this release. Not necessarily due to any individual features but it means that I can believe that the Apple TV 4th generation will be orderable, and shipable next week. It does require iOS 9.1 for configuration I am told.
So what is in this release? Here is the list of what they tell us:
This release includes new features, improvements and bug fixes, including:
• Live Photos now intelligently senses when you raise or lower your iPhone, so that Live Photos will automatically not record these movements
• Over 150 new emoji characters with full support for Unicode 7.0 and 8.0 emojis
• Improved stability including CarPlay, Music, Photos, Safari, and Search
• Improved performance while in Multitasking UI
• Fixes an issue that could cause Calendar to become unresponsive in Month view
• Fixes an issue that prevented Game Center from launching for some users
• Resolves an issue that zoomed the content of some apps
• Resolves an issue that could cause an incorrect unread mail count for POP mail accounts
• Fixes an issue that prevented users from removing recent contacts from new mail or messages
• Fixes an issue that caused some messages to not appear in Mail search results
• Resolves an issue that left a gray bar in the body of an Audio Message
• Fixes an issue that caused activation errors on some carriers
• Fixes an issue that prevented some apps from updating from the App Store
For information on the security content of this update, please visit this website:
Doing this in a hotel room, so it takes a little longer, but I have two devices – iPad Air 2, and an iPhone 6s to update. Will update when they are done and with their status!
I strongly urge you to have a full encrypted backup using iTunes before doing the upgrade. In point of fact this means do not do an over the air (OTA) update if you can. An encrypted backup will bring most of your passwords, AND your health info which will not be brought through the upgrade if you have issues and do an OTA upgrade. You can find out more info on doing upgrades in this article.
- Both my iPhone 6s and iPad Air 2 upgraded with no issues to 9.1.
=== END ===