I hope this finds everyone doing well? Things OK here. This new release of iPadOS doesn’t have as many fixes as the iOS release but I still updated to it fairly quickly.
I do not do over the air updates (OTA) as the cloud backups don’t back up everything (they miss health data, passwords and not sure what else). I use the Finder method and it does a full backup of everything so if anything breaks or the upgrade is flawed, I don’t loose anything.
I had an issue of my upgrade where it seemed to hang. I quit the finder, and restarted my Mac, and went back into the finder (I did not unplug my iPad) and the upgrade continued with no issues.
Here is an article with a little more info on this release.
iPadOS 14.1 includes improvements and bug fixes for your iPad.
• Adds support for 10-bit HDR video playback and edit in Photos for iPad Pro 12.9-inch (2nd generation) and later, iPad Pro 11-inch, iPad Pro 10.5-inch, iPad Air (3rd generation) and later, and iPad mini (5th generation)
• Addresses an issue where some widgets, folders, and icons were showing up in reduced size on the Home Screen
• Fixes an issue where some emails in Mail were sent from an incorrect alias
• Addresses an issue where some users were occasionally unable to download or add songs to their library while viewing an album or playlist
• Resolves an issue where streaming video resolution could temporarily be reduced at the start of playback
• Addresses an issue in the Files app that could cause some MDM-managed cloud service providers to incorrectly display content as unavailable
Some features may not be available for all regions or on all Apple devices. For information on the security content of Apple software updates, please visit this website: https://support.apple.com/kb/HT201222
=== END ===