I did this update on my MBA running Big Sur and I must admit I liked the improvements that were a result of Big Sur. More info on what is happening for example. I upgraded an iPad Pro 10.5 with no issues. And yes, I always do the upgrades using Finder as it is safer and easier for the OS to upgrade using it. No OTA upgrades for me.
I like some of the Apple News improvements. Will have to see how they turn out.
iPadOS 13.6 introduces local news in your Today feed in Apple News and includes bug fixes and improvements for your iPad.
• Local news in your Today feed provides extensive coverage of San Francisco, the Bay Area, Los Angeles, Houston, and New York City
• More stories available from local news providers with a subscription to Apple News+
• Your daily newsletter from Apple News can now be personalized with stories that reflect your interests
This update also includes bug fixes and other improvements.
• Adds a new setting to choose if updates automatically download to your device when on Wi-Fi
• Addresses an issue that could cause apps to become unresponsive when syncing data from iCloud Drive
• Resolves an issue that could cause the software keyboard to appear unexpectedly when connected to certain third-party hardware keyboards
• Fixes an issue that could cause Japanese hardware keyboards to be incorrectly mapped as a U.S. keyboard
• Addresses stability issues when accessing Control Center when AssistiveTouch was enabled
• Provides a mechanism for administrators to specify domains to exclude from traffic carried by always-on VPN connections
Some features may not be available for all regions or on all Apple devices. For information on the security content of Apple software updates, please visit this website:
=== END ===