This dropped Tuesday, and it seems there is updates for most of the different Apple Devices (see here). This is a big update in that is has a number of resolutions that will impact people but also a number of security fixes as well. These security fixes make it worthwhile to update sooner rather than later.
I did an OTA update of an old iPad Air with no issues. I have a newish iPad Pro 10.5 that I did an update with iTunes and an encrypted backup (which is my recommended way actually – if you have any upgrade issues it is the only method that will have ALL your data protected). I had no issues upgrading this iPad either.
iPadOS 13.3 includes improvements, bug fixes and additional parental controls for Screen Time.
• New parental controls provide more communication limits over who their children can call, FaceTime, or Message
• Contact list for children lets parents manage the contacts that appear on their children’s devices
• New layout for Apple News+ stories from The Wall Street Journal and other leading newspapers
• Easily like or dislike stories with a tap
• Stories from Apple News are now available in Canada in English and French
• Continue reading with links to related stories or more stories from the same publication
• “Breaking” and “Developing” labels for Top Stories
This update also includes bug fixes and other improvements. This update:
• Enables the creation of a new video clip when trimming a video in Photos
• Adds support for NFC, USB, and Lightning FIDO2-compliant security keys in Safari
• Fixes issues in Mail that may prevent downloading new messages
• Addresses an issue that prevented deleting messages in Gmail accounts
• Resolves issues that could cause incorrect characters to display in messages and duplication of sent messages in Exchange accounts
• Fixes an issue where the cursor may not move after long pressing on the space bar
• Addresses an issue that may cause screenshots to appear blurry when sent via Messages
• Resolves an issue where cropping or using Markup on screenshots may not save to Photos
• Fixes an issue where Voice Memos recordings may not be able to be shared with other audio apps
• Resolves an issue where the Cellular Data setting may incorrectly show as off
• Fixes an issue that prevented turning off Dark Mode when Smart Invert was enabled
For information on the security content of Apple software updates, please visit this website: