So we have our vRLCM installed and it is time to patch. Hre is our series on the subject:
- Installing vRealize Lifecycle Manager – find it here
- Patching vRealize Lifecycle Manager – this article
- Configuring vRealize Lifecycle Manger – find it here – cancelled
- Deploying with vRealize Lifecycle Manager – find it here – cancelled
Lets get started.
- We need to log in on https://vrlcm_fqdn/vrclm.
- We use the admin@localhost / vmware credentials.
- The first thing we see is a password change for the admin account.
- Once we deal with the password change, we get a welcome prompt was an offer of a tour.
- That is a nice offer of a tour, but we are going to deal with patching.
- Close the tour using the small x.
- Now use the small gear on the left and select System Administration.
- There is lots of interesting stuff on this page, but nothing we need right now!
- Now change to the Update tab, which you can see in the screenshot above.
- So use the install patch button.
- I use the Check Patches Online button. It takes a few minutes. Then I see the following.
- We see two patches, but note they use the word Cumulative in the description? That means we only need to do the latest one – Patch 2.
- Before we can do Patch 2, we need to hit the arrow we see on the right of the Patch lines. That downloads the patch for us.
- We can see above it is being downloaded. Once it is done the display changes.
- We could delete the patch now, or we could select Next to review and install. Lets do that.
- So good info here how the app will not be available as we patch it, and a link to more info on the patch.
- Lets hit the Install button to get the patch install.
- I select the Done button in the bottom right of the wizard.
- Then I see the screenshot below.
- Now we need to wait for it to finish. We will be redirected once it is one.
- It takes about 10 minutes, and I hit the Back Home button.
- I change to Settings \ System Administration \ Updates to see what the new version is.
- BTW, the View More Details link lets you know when the patch was applied, and details about it.
- We can see the Appliance version is now with Patch 2.
- At VMworld I saw they announced v8 of this tool. And it looks different too. Since I don’t think it is that far off I will not finish this article series.
So we have now patched our appliance and can move pat that!
=== END ===