Today the next release of iOS 12.x GA’ed. It is a small release on the road to 13. Bu the release notes are below.
As always, I used iTunes to do the upgrade rather than over the air so that I get an encrypted backup with ALL of the data on my iPhone rather than a subset (which is what happens over the air).
I did an update of an iPhone 8, and a iPad Pro 10.5. I had no issues with either.
Information on this and other releases - link - from Tidbits
Info on this release - link - from iMore
Update - 7/23/19 - I learned there is a bunch of important security updates in this release so move quicker to it than you might otherwise. More info can be found in this article.
iOS 12.4 introduces iPhone migration to directly transfer data from an old iPhone to a new iPhone, includes enhancements to Apple News+ and improves the security of your iPhone or iPad. This update:
• Introduces the ability to wirelessly transfer data and migrate directly from an old iPhone to a new iPhone during setup
• Makes downloaded issues accessible in the My Magazines section, both online and offline
• Adds all publications in Apple News+, including newspapers, to the catalog at the top of the News+ feed
• Adds the ability to clear downloaded magazine issues by selecting History > Clear > Clear All
Other improvements and fixes
• Includes a security fix for the Walkie-Talkie app on Apple Watch and re-enables Walkie-Talkie functionality
This release also includes support for HomePod in Japan and Taiwan.
For information on the security content of Apple software updates, please visit this website: https://support.apple.com/kb/HT201222