So around lunch today Mojave dropped (9/24/18). I had been using the public beta on an old MBA and it has grown into a solid release from my point of view. So here is the upgrade story.
- All outstanding app updates applied
- Connected to electricity
- Connected to network – for hopefully faster update than over the air
- Empty the trash
- Which means download and update. It took maybe 60 minutes all told to get me back to a login prompt after the download and start of the update.
- Test Time
- I see that it is macOS 10.14 build 18A391.
- My apps all work (all are the latest version)
- Office 2016
- View Client 4.9
- Tweetbot 3.1
- Slack 3.3.2
- Skype 18.104.22.168
- Evernote 7.5
- Bitdefender – 22.214.171.124537 – this one caught me by surprise, most impressed it worked.
- 1Password 7.2
- Monity 1.4.5
- On a different machine – MBA – which uses Trend today a new copy was available, and automatically downloaded for me, and worked good – it was 9.0.1.
- No surprise all the apps work. I have been using some of them in the beta builds.
- Review of macOS Mojave by iMore – https://www.imore.com/macos-mojave-review
- Will macOS Mojave work on my Mac – https://www.imore.com/will-macos-sierra-work-my-mac
- How to prepare your Mac for macOS update – https://www.imore.com/how-prepare-your-mac-macos-update
- How to install a fresh copy of macOS Mojave – https://www.imore.com/how-install-fresh-copy-macos
- What’s new in macOS Mojave – https://www.imore.com/how-install-fresh-copy-macos
- Apple’s macOS Mojave page – https://www.apple.com/ca/macos/mojave/
- If you use Homebrew – such as for installing PowerShell, you should check out this article to fix it. Thanks for sharing Christian!
- Want to have a USB that you can boot from, and install Mojave, just in case? Info on how to do that is here.
- If you use BackBlaze you will not get a full backup after you upgrade to Mojave. This is true of other apps actually, even ones like anti – malware too. But check out this article from BackBlaze to help.
The biggest thing I have noticed so far is there is more privacy controls, and I have had to say yes a lot to them.
I share all this in case it helps, and so I hope it does. I have two Macs on this version and they are working good so far.
=== END ===