So around lunch today Mojave dropped (9/24/18). I had been using the public beta on an old MBA and it has grown into a solid release from my point of view. So here is the upgrade story.
- All outstanding app updates applied
- Time Machine (for easy file restores)
- BackBlaze (for offsite backups)
- SuperDuper (for a bootable image backup)
- Connected to electricity
- Connected to network - for hopefully faster update than over the air
- Empty the trash
- Which means download and update. It took maybe 60 minutes all told to get me back to a login prompt after the download and start of the update.
- Test Time
- I see that it is macOS 10.14 build 18A391.
- My apps all work (all are the latest version)
- Office 2016
- View Client 4.9
- Tweetbot 3.1
- Slack 3.3.2
- Skype 184.108.40.206
- Evernote 7.5
- Bitdefender - 220.127.116.11537 - this one caught me by surprise, most impressed it worked.
- 1Password 7.2
- Monity 1.4.5
- On a different machine - MBA - which uses Trend today a new copy was available, and automatically downloaded for me, and worked good - it was 9.0.1.
- No surprise all the apps work. I have been using some of them in the beta builds.
- Review of macOS Mojave by iMore - https://www.imore.com/macos-mojave-review
- Will macOS Mojave work on my Mac - https://www.imore.com/will-macos-sierra-work-my-mac
- How to prepare your Mac for macOS update - https://www.imore.com/how-prepare-your-mac-macos-update
- How to install a fresh copy of macOS Mojave - https://www.imore.com/how-install-fresh-copy-macos
- What’s new in macOS Mojave - https://www.imore.com/how-install-fresh-copy-macos
- Apple’s macOS Mojave page - https://www.apple.com/ca/macos/mojave/
- If you use Homebrew - such as for installing PowerShell, you should check out this article to fix it. Thanks for sharing Christian!
- Want to have a USB that you can boot from, and install Mojave, just in case? Info on how to do that is here.
- If you use BackBlaze you will not get a full backup after you upgrade to Mojave. This is true of other apps actually, even ones like anti - malware too. But check out this article from BackBlaze to help.
The biggest thing I have noticed so far is there is more privacy controls, and I have had to say yes a lot to them.
I share all this in case it helps, and so I hope it does. I have two Macs on this version and they are working good so far.
=== END ===
4 thoughts on “macOS Mojave now GA”
http://www.iphonehacks.com/2018/09/macos-mojave-bypass-flaw.html this just came out
Thanks for sharing. It is not a reason for me to regret doing the upgrade. Not an easy thing to exploit and I have other things that help protect me.
Thanks very much!