DataGravity and I, are no longer

Hello there,

This is a little hard to write for me.  I was laid off earlier this week.  RIF’ed is the phrase I think.   I feel very bad about this particular situation as I believe very strongly in DataGravity.  I will continue to cheer for them from the sidelines.

It is a bit hard I think for both that are still there, and those like me who are not.  I wish everyone the best.

I am taking roughly a month off before I look for work.  A week in the lab rebuilding and then I will head off into the desert for some hiking.  So you will see a few articles before I disappear for a few weeks.

I want to say thank you much for those of you who have already reach out to me.   I really appreciate it – it means a lot.

Michael

Posted in Me
22 comments on “DataGravity and I, are no longer
  1. Justin says:

Sorry to hear that Michael, lots of great talented people being laid off recently. Enjoy your downtime and I’m sure you’ll be back on your feet in no time. Let’s catch up soon.

2. Dusan says:

I am really sorry about this situation. As you mentioned take some rest, take a deep breath and everything well be fine. I just wants to thank you for your hard work on this blog, all of us learn so many thing from you. I wish you all the best and keep going!

3. Marcel says:

Sorry to hear. I’m sure company’s will be reaching out to you. It shouldn’t be hard for nice guys with technical skills to find a new job. All the best to you.

4. Chris Halverson says:

Hope things work out well for you Michael. Enjoy the time off, as it won’t be long until you are working again.

5. Preetam says:

It is sad !! I’m sure you would have lots of opportunities to explore post your vacation. I love your weekly updates. Definitely going to miss it for next coming weeks. Yeah, I think you should aim to write a book vSphere. You alone can do.

6. Mark Verhagen says:

Wasn’t meant to be but always difficult at first. Sorry about this Michael. We will connect soon. Until then, cheers for what’s to come!

7. Stan says:

I am so sorry to hear that Michael. It’s a tough time for the industry. I really enjoy you articles, so don’t stop writing.

8. Dan says:

Hi Michael,

Sorry to hear this, hopefully everything will get sorted out soon.
    I really appreciate your effort in composing the newsletters, one of the posts that I look forward to, as it provides a good collection of valuable information.

All the best,
    Dan

9. David Shyu says:

Hi Michael, sorry to hear about the situation at DataGravity and that it didn’t work out. I hope you enjoy your short break, and that you eventually land the role and responsibilities that you deserve, in a company that will prosper under your guidance and vision. As always, I will be more than happy to serve as a reference. Say hi to Angela for me.
    — David Shyu

• Thanks David, very good to hear from you. I hope you and family are all good. And thanks for the very nice words too! I hope to get to NYC sometime so we can have another dinner together!

Michael

10. tom miller says:

Hey bud go have some fun & chill! This just simply means something better is in store for you. Trust me – you have way too much talent.
    Tom

11. Pete Marfatia says:

Enjoy your break Mate. On to find the next opportunity once you return. You will be an incredible asset to any company and so I know it will work out for you.