This recent update is quite big for some users if you are interested in the HomePod or use Siri. I have updated an older iPad with no issues and that was done over the air (OTA). I have done an iPhone 8 and iPad Pro 10.5 via iTunes with no issues. It is unfortunate that the HomePod is not available in Canada. It is available to order today (1/26/18) and will arrive on 9th of Feb in the US, UK, and Australia. Also, Siri reading the news in Canada is not supported at this time.
Here is some info on the HomePod. Here is some additional info on this updates (as well as macOS / tvOS / watchOS updates).
iOS 11.2.5 includes support for HomePod and introduces the ability for Siri to read the news (US, UK and Australia only). This update also includes bug fixes and improvements.
• Setup and automatically transfer your Apple ID, Apple Music, Siri and Wi-Fi settings to HomePod.
• Siri can now read the news, just ask, “Hey Siri, play the news”. You can also ask for specific news categories including Sports, Business or Music.
Other improvements and fixes
• Addresses an issue that could cause the Phone app to display incomplete information in the call list
• Fixes an issue that caused Mail notifications from some Exchange accounts to disappear from the Lock screen when unlocking iPhone X with Face ID
• Addresses an issue that could cause Messages conversations to temporarily be listed out of order
• Fixes an issue in CarPlay where Now Playing controls become unresponsive after multiple track changes
• Adds ability for VoiceOver to announce playback destinations and AirPod battery level
For information on the security content of Apple software updates, please visit this website: https://support.apple.com/kb/HT201222