I see yesterday that 11.2 dropped and that is sort of cool. In this release we will be able to use Messages to send money to people. Easy and smooth, plus due to Apple Pay it will be more secure than other methods I am aware of. However, all of my US readers – very soon – will be able to test this before I can. There is also a lot of fixes too – list below.
I saw in this article that the Apple Pay support in Messages might be delayed but that 11.2 will support it. BTW, this is Peer – to – Peer or Person – to – Person Apple Pay we heard about in the past. Here is some general info on this release including how too update. I believe that you should always do upgrades / updates via iTunes. Why? Because you get – or can get if you want – an encrypted backup that contains MUCH more information then a Cloud Backup. Here is an article that covers that off.
I have done iPhone and iPad updates with no issues. I should mention that I did see some behavior that I think is new. I had to ‘Trust” my computer after the upgrade. I also think I had to do that a little different – not just select Trust, but also authenticate too. So nothing onerous but a little different.
iOS 11.2 introduces Apple Pay Cash to send, request, and receive money from friends and family with Apple Pay. This update also includes bug fixes and improvements.
Apple Pay Cash (US Only)
• Send, request, and receive money from friends and family with Apple Pay in Messages or by asking Siri
Other improvements and fixes
• Adds support for faster wireless charging on iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, and iPhone X with compatible third-party accessories
• Introduces three new Live wallpapers for iPhone X
• Improves video camera stabilization
• Adds support in Podcasts to automatically advance to the next episode from the same show
• Adds support in HealthKit for downhill snow sports distance as a data type
• Fixes an issue that could cause Mail to appear to be checking for new messages even when a download is complete
• Fixes an issue that could cause cleared Mail notifications from Exchange accounts to reappear
• Improves stability in Calendar
• Resolves an issue where Settings could open to a blank screen
• Fixes an issue that could prevent swiping to Today View or Camera from the Lock Screen
• Addresses an issue that could prevent Music controls from displaying on the Lock Screen
• Fixes an issue that could cause app icons to be arranged incorrectly on the Home Screen
• Addresses an issue that could prevent users from deleting recent photos when iCloud storage is exceeded
• Addresses an issue where Find My iPhone sometimes wouldn’t display a map
• Fixes an issue in Messages where the keyboard could overlap the most recent message
• Fixes an issue in Calculator where typing numbers rapidly could lead to incorrect results
• Addressed an issue where the keyboard could respond slowly
• Adds support for real-time text (RTT) phone calls for the deaf and hard of hearing
• Improves VoiceOver stability in Messages, Settings, App Store, and Music
• Resolves an issue that prevented VoiceOver from announcing incoming Notifications
For information on the security content of Apple software updates, please visit this website: https://support.apple.com/kb/HT201222
=== END ===