So we have vROps 6.6 working and now we want Log Insight to be connected to it. That means we can open Log Insight from within vROps and have a filter built that excludes everything but for the object I am looking at when I open Log Insight.
Here are two examples of the integration.
The first is when working in vROps and selecting Home \ Log Insight you will see the below screenshot. It has no queries selected but you could easily create one.
The second is when you are looking at a VM – named adminMW – and you choose the Logs view.
So this is pretty powerful integration and you may wonder how to do it?
- Log into Log Insight with admin privileges.
- Change to the Administration view.
- In the Integration section select vRealize Operations.
- You need to put your vROps FQDN, a user account and password. I suggest to eenable everything, and the target is your Log Insight server. When it is filled in, it will look like below.
- Make darn sure to user the Test button as only when it says success should you save.
You are good now! Log Insight and vROps are talking.
=== END ===