I need to learn RegEx. I got some rude kind of introduction when working on a Log Insight Content Pack. Yes, you should see that work soon! But I got some great help and ended up breezing through the RegEx. So I really need to learn it(after all I will not always be sitting beside a RegEx star). So I thought I would start a series on it. Anything I write on RegX will have a tag of regex.
This seems like the best place to start. In particular what you should memorize and then the videos.
You can test yourself and practice here.
- A library of expressions can be found here.
- Some of the dev people I work with like this one (good for testing) and this one.
- Update: Here is a particularly good one that will show you what your RegEx does.
I hope this helps me, and you, to learn more about RegEx. I will post examples of useful RegEx that I do.
- 7/22/15 – Thanks to SteveM, one of our QA rock stars we have this interesting site.
- 7/11/15 – Thanks to Steve we have this. More good learning!
- Thanks to Josh – he shared this one. Which looks pretty good for learning and testing.
=== END ===