This is something else that irritated me in the lab recently so hopefully if I share it out that will or might help someone else avoid it.
Created a new pool, entitled someone – me to it, and connected. Got a black screen.
I was surprised to see it as the main pool I use was working fine. So that means no firewall type of issues. But I had just redid my template – remember this?
I thought the order of operation was interesting since I had updated the VMware Tools right before I converted my newly made Win7 VM to a template. So it had tools, then View Agent, then Tools update. So I turned it back into a VM, removed Tools, and the View agent. Restarted. Installed Tools. Restarted. Installed View agent. Restarted. Did the Trend Image thing and turned the VM into a template again. And now I could connect to my desktop in the new pool without the ugly black screen!
I should mention that once I discovered this issue, I disable provisioning in the Pools using this poor template, then deleted VMs provisioned recently. After I updated the template I enabled before I tested.
I expect many of you to know this already but just in case – it is in my blog now.
=== END ===