I used to use BusyCal as a replacement to the Apple Calendar when I was hooked up to Zimbra and things were not perfect. BusyCal actually knew what Zimbra was and worked good. I switched back to BusyCal recently to improve my experience with Google Calendar. Since I changed to Postbox and it was much better I thought to improve my standards and I started using BusyCal. It has gone very well indeed.
- It shows me the Google calendars that are in use, or used to be in use. Very handy and of course Calendar did not do that.
- I do not have to double + click on the ics in invites but I can hit Yes, and it shows up in my Google and BusyCal calendars very nicely.
- Added in a new iCal subscription from TripIt and it worked great with no issues and in a very short amount of time!
Aside from the Google related things, I also like:
- The backups and restores are nice and handy!
- I like how it adds the weather at the top of the day – good info with very little space used.
- It handles timezone stuff very well
- It lets me customize the fields that are shown when I make appointments
- I like how it uses the OS Notifications
- I like how it automatically timestamps certain things
- When they first released they had a short cycle of updates, which was good, and they have been around longer now and the cycle is not as short which is also good.
So I am very happy now with my mail and calendaring. Both new tools are very much a positive impact on me.
=== END ===