Installing Postbox is pretty basic so I will not detail it here. But I will mention a few things.
- During the start of the install you are prompted for Clean install or Apple Mail.
- I suggest you use Clean if you can, but I did use Apple Mail with no issues.
- I don’t think I would use it as an RSS client since there is such good RSS clients out there – like ReadKit.
- Use the Password Manager – too bad it is not better integrated with Keychain.
- Some help to get you going can be found here.
- Get an idea of the features here.
- Don’t forget you can turn off Postbox and start Apple Mail and continue on.
- The rules are more easily found in Postbox rather than Apple Mail – Tools / Message Filters.
- Color incoming mail is something that is very easy in Apple Mail and is not easy or clear in Postbox. I will need to test more and write it up.
- Remember to watch this for my articles on this subject.
I hope this is helpful. If you would have had me do the install process let me know.
=== END ===